Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Positive Self Talk

It's a new trick I have. A little switch turned on, and ever since then I have been playing with this new ability to talk to myself, and believe it. I think that is the key. I used to try to tell myself things, nice things, hopeful things, pleasant and encouraging things. But, I always had a reason to refute those things, and I didn't believe it. Now, I just don't care if it's true to anybody else, or even true at all. It simply doesn't matter. As long as it gets me through the day, or the hour, or the minute, it is a useful thought.

Examples:

I am a passionate and fascinating person. ( heh heh _ I just realized that saying it to myself is a lot more convincing than typing it out and broadcasting over cyberspace).

I can totally handle myself. I have self control. I am in possession of myself. (Not possessed, but in possession. That's different.)

I have experience in surprising myself in new situations. I can do it again.

I have a right to love chocolate, and eat it at will. ;o)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! I love that you know who you are and what you have to offer.