Friday, April 3, 2009

knitty gritty









Once again, the kitty is drawn to the knitty (heh, I mean the knitting...)



This is the beginning, or about half of the shirt I am making for a fellow Nia dancer in my class. Close up of the added ladder yarn at the bottom, which looks really nice. The colors are a bit brighter in real life, and not in my darkened living room.

Things that I think while I knit: I wonder how much of my theories have become excuses, and vice versa. I have a theory that women have the potential to be, and most often are, in touch with a deeply felt (not necessarily understood or explainable) knowledge of what it takes to make a life full and complete - nurtured, you might say. I think that women know, and act accordingly, when those needs are not fulfilled for themselves and those in their care. I also feel that this modern society of the US really lacks the depth to provide for such things, and therefore - women suffer. Now, is this just an excuse to eat Ben and Jerry's? I ask you?

Today, someone asked me if I was pregnant. Nope. Just a belly. But I have my theories.


Anyhoo...

Check out the Spirit of Nia Tour video. I'm in there wearing a purple shirt and black pants, but you'd have to know where to look. It was an awesome time. This is where that joyous picture of the earlier post was taken too! It was much fun.

No comments: