Monday, March 30, 2009

Monday's Muse: What inspires now?

Today, I am inspired by the inner spark of life that calls to be shared. To share my aliveness, as I dance and laugh and sing. This is what I do when I feel 'in the moment,' and what makes me feel the most useful and good at what I do. Whether it's being a mom, a wife, a friend, a Nia teacher, a woman... to share my aliveness is the goal.

I am reading 'When it all Falls Apart' by Pema Chodron. She is a Buddhist nun. (I used to want to be a Buddhist nun. Note to self: notice important phrase USED TO.) This book is a wonderful tool to stop the mind and notice all things as they are. I am really enjoying it, and it is inspiring me to be more present. Present with all the little avoidance techniques that I use to run away from NOW... She says that our fundamental situation is Joy, and invites the reader to discover this his or herself. I am inspired to do that too.

5 comments:

Phat Mama said...

I want that kind of joy in the moment. :)

Nell Escalante said...

Yes, Joy!!! That is so true. It is so different from happiness which depends on what happens. But joy is feeling alive and with purpose, despite the circumstances. Thank you for reminding me of this. I love your picture!!

Oh, and thank you so much for your post on my blog last week, so sweet. It really meant a lot.

Petula said...

Great post... and what a happy joyful moment.

Heather said...

Thanks for participating! That photo is absolutely adorable. So cute - thanks for sharing. Oh, and that knitted tank below is gorgeous. The novice knitter in me is jealous :D

lisette said...

what a wonderful photo - full of joyousness!

and yes - living in the now is the hardest thing.....