Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Ahhh to create something!

Amazing! 15 minutes and a new creative outlet!
Time is so valuable to me and I crave the meaning that creativity affords in my life. There has always had to be SOMETHING to do, to make, to write. It's almost as if I would explode if I don't behave this way. The other alternative is depression and a feeling that my life has little meaning. I know this isn't true. I have two kids, a loving and supportive husband, even a highly expressive (very party time) job... but it's not the same as bringing a work of art into the world.
Perhaps it's really just vanity and pride... that I must affix my identity to that of an artist, or have something to show of who I AM.
So be it. It's what makes me feel good, which makes me a better mom, a nicer wife, and a happier more sane person.
Ahhhh to create something!

No comments: