Friday, September 26, 2008

The idea of 'individual surrender' is an ideal. It's surrendering to what is, to now, to the slow pace of life, and the myriad of things in each second, to that that is greater than the self. Sometimes there is no room for the individual in the NOW. Sometimes the individual shoves all else aside and makes the NOW disappear behind the 'shoulds' and 'wants' and 'not enoughs.'
Right now, I am the Individual, and not the Surrender. Waking up to 'not what I wanted,' I have planted myself in a bad mood. Wishing, wanting somebody else to take better care of me, I am thinking very dark, disappointed thoughts about someone I would like to count on. No surrendering here and NOW. I'm sure I'd be much happier if I could...'should,' 'want to,' but right now, feel like it's 'not enough.'

1 comment:

Valerie Willman said...

I think I glimpse what you are talking about. Though, for me, it is not so much wanting to be taken care of in a different way, but of wanting to know WITHOUT DOUBT that he is head over heels for me. Not someone he could 'take or leave'. I don't feel the passion a large part of the time. But then I think that that stems from me, not him. It's me that doesn't feel the passion in my life. And that's why I create. To feel passion. To unleash it.