Saturday, September 27, 2008

Passion

Recently remembered something about passion. I read Linda Goodman's Love Signs several years ago - when I was really in to astrology. There's a shortened section in the beginning that talks about each sign and their relationship to love.
I'm a Leo, so mine says: to teach that love is passion, to learn that love is humility
My husband is a Gemini, so his says: to teach that love is awareness, to learn that love is feeling.

Interesting, the different theories of why we do what we do, feel what we feel, or don't do and feel. Maybe most women want to be THE passion of their husband. But, if I must learn humility, then perhaps I need to know that he can see my humanity too.

According to this theory, I should know how to teach passion. Hmmm. I suppose, to be passionate means to attach emotionally to the idea, activity, person, or object of passion. I suppose I live passionately by believing in my intense emotions about things that I am involved in. Even the anger tells me something. Not to follow it into destructive action, but to ACT, to DO SOMETHING to make things better.

This becomes the frustration in my personal relationship. Significant other tends to give up and dig a hole. I want him to PASSIONATELY TRY! Try to cultivate our life together. It doesn't need to be with great feeling, I suppose. (Although that would be great!) But, at least with a commitment to keep going until something works. This applies to our relationship, to squeaking out time together alone, to making our house a little nicer to live in. I get hurt when those things don't seem to be on his list of things to do. It's as if he assumes that nothing will work, so he doesn't even try. Very frustrating.

No comments: