Saturday, February 21, 2009

Doves

There are two doves that live on my front porch. I think they are the same doves that come back year after year to the same place. They sit on the railing together, and make their little purring noises. There's a little tiny corner of brick that sticks out on the top of the column under the roof of the open-air porch. That's where they have built their nest for the last six years, and maybe longer - since that is just when we moved here.
I had a long talk with my son today about choosing to look at things in a positive light - no matter what happens, what you don't have or you don't like. I choose to see this as a house of love, where doves - who mate for life - choose to be year after year. I choose to be here, now, and year after year too. And, I choose to love it here, no matter what happens, or what I don't have or don't like.

1 comment:

Valerie Willman said...

Words to live by. Thank you for reminding me.