Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Restlessness

It seems that I am constantly looking for 'something' to do or 'something' to accomplish. But I have so little time to devote to anything. It is frustrating. Soooooo many goals. So many pictures of artworks that float around in my mind. Looking in to fixing up the basement so that I can have a space just for my creative projects. It is such a vital part of my life, and my self, and I miss it sooooo much.
Basement project is slow going. Waiting for others to do their part and give us a quote. Waiting waiting waiting.
I know that the baby will grow, and I will miss his smallness and the cute little things that he does. But this restlessness also urges for the next phase - where he is not so attached to me for everything. Where I can sleep for a full night. It has been so long since I have really slept. Waiting for the answer to this difficult time in our household. Waiting waiting waiting.
In practicing Nia, there is the concept of RAW - Relaxed, Alert, and Waiting. I am relaxed, at least most of the time (barring any acute disturbances), mostly alert (knowing what is happening in the now) and definitely WAITING. I suppose it is that part that I must learn to en-Joy.

No comments: